7.02.2009

Ehow Earnings: A SAHM Making Money Online

This is a huge month for me Ehow-wise. I've passed the $600 mark...total, not on the month. (Maybe one day!) That means in the six months I've been writing for Ehow, my articles have made me over $600!  For the last six months, I've been publishing my growing earnings on this blog. But this month I'm going to do something a little differently. I'm going to give you a few screen shots of my earnings so you can actually SEE the cash flow.


Before I get to the actual meat and potatoes there are a few things I need to get out in the open.
  • June was an extremely busy month for me. Besides the fact that we could finally get outside the second half of the month, my family spent most weekends away from home.
  •  I also started a few new freelance writing ventures in order to bring in additional streams of passive income. So while I've been concentrating on building my Squidoo lenses (with the intention of promoting my ehow articles, while making a little extra cash through affiliate sales) I've also been working hard to promote my eHow articles

All that being said I didn't write too much on Ehow in June. Here's how it breaks down:

12 New Articles
Average: 3/Week
Earnings for Articles Written 6/1-6/30: $6.77
June Articles Earning Money: 8/12

Here's why this is significant: even though it sounds low, $6.77 is almost what I made in both November and December. "So what?" you ask. In that amount of time I had 42 articles!!! 



NOTE: If you do not pass the $10 threshold on the year, you're docked a dollar. So I was actually only paid $7.20 for November & December. 

The point of all this is that my June articles are all written with a focus on keywords and SEO or search engine optimization. January was when I purchased an ebook by one of Ehow's top earners (well into the four figures) and when I noticed a significant jump in my earnings...and hence earning potential. I guess what I'm trying to say (in far too many words) is now that I know how to write eHow articles, and how to get them picked up by the search engines, I don't have to write as many in order to make money online. 

There's one other thing I want to point out and that is page views. You might think that the more page views an article has, the more it makes. What I've found is that is far from the truth. For example, my highest earning article has made $75.82 to date with 1,678 view. I have four other articles, each with more views than that, and they have only made me a combined $12.45 with two of them only earning $1.63 total (not to date, total)! By the way, at least one of the four I just described is a recipe. It just goes to show, that recipes don't do well on ehow. While someone may find your article useful, they're not interested in the ads on the page, they're solely interested in how to make xxxx. So topic, category, and ad relevance matter...a lot. 

What I'm focusing on now is promoting them so they can earn to their fullest potential. My husband thinks I'm crazy for biting off yet another project.  But I never feel overwhelmed because it's all freelance work. I write on my time. If I'm busy I don't have to write. If I'm blessed with a three hour nap I get two ehow articles published. I'm off to write...as my daughter is napping....finally!



Recommended Reading:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Mama's Store