I have to admit if there was a Yo Gabba Gabba cake to make - the Muno cake is probably the easiest. Thankfully she didn't want a Plex cake or DJ Lance Rock!
Here's how to make a Muno cake:
What you'll need:
- 1 box cake
- Red food coloring
- 1 container of white icing
- 1 package of oreo cookies
- 1 plain large sugar cookie
- Red gum drops
- Bake a box cake in a 9x13 dish. Make sure to put a lot of cooking spray in the bottom of the pan so you can easily remove the cake
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Carefully remove the entire cake from the dish and flip or slide onto a jelly roll pan.
- Using a sharp knife, trim only the top corners off the cake.
- Reserve about 2 tablespoons of white icing
- Mix the rest of the icing with red food coloring in the mixer
- Spread the entire cake with red icing
- Spread the reserved white icing on a sugar cookie and place the icing-side up on the cake as Muno's eye
- Twist the top off an Oreo and place it in the center of the sugar cookie as the 'eyeball.'
- Place the red gum drops all over the cake being sure to leave enough room to make the mouth.
- Separate about 10 Oreos and remove the cream.
- From two of the cookies, carefully scrape the cream out and cut into triangles to use as Muno's teeth. Set aside.
- Crush just the cookie part of the Oreos in the food processor. This will be used for Muno's mouth.
- Draw Muno's mouth (like a crescent moon) on a piece of paper. Cut out the insert.
- Gently lay the piece of paper with the mouth cutout on the cake (the gum drops will hold it off the icing.
- Sprinkle the crushed cookie crumbs into the mouth cutout so the crumbs form the mouth shape on the cake.
- Remove the paper and add more gum drops in the area of needed.
- Place Muno's teeth over his cookie crumb mouth
- Try it, you'll like it!