3.08.2013

3 Day Potty Training for boys (Day 2)

Potty training on the go...a must for the second child
Well, we're on Day 2 of Potty Training Boot Camp for my almost-22 month old son.  Since we made it to day 2 you can safely presume Day 1 went well.  Actually it went better than I expected.  You can read about it here...

As for today...Blake woke up this morning with a very full diaper, which I expected.  I put him on the potty almost immediately, but he was pretty resistant.  As I mentioned, I'm going with the nude approach so I took off the diaper and left it off.   It was almost an hour later when he finally peed for the first time.  I think he forgot how it all worked or something b/c he sat on the potty then got up and went behind my daughter's doll house and peed.

He quickly got the hang of it again and didn't have any more accidents in the morning.  I noticed two things today that are different from yesterday and are certain signs, at least in my mind, that he's "getting it."
  1. He is going longer between potty breaks...about an hour
  2. He is recognizing the feeling and running to the potty on his own.  He seems to realize he has to go, stops before he does, then looks around for the potty. 

We did have a little accident when I went out to pick up my daughter from school (he wears underwear and pants for this).  Going out is definitely not ideal, but I don't really have much choice with my older one in school 9-12 everyday.  He did make it out and back dry when we dropped her off, but had a little accident on the way back home. It's only a 30 minute outing, but he's only learning so what can you expect.

I'm still waiting for him to poop ... he's going on a day and a half without a #2 so we'll see how it goes this afternoon. I can tell, he definitely has to go but doesn't want to sit on the potty to do it.  I thought maybe he'd do it in his diaper when I put him down for a nap, but like yesterday, that's a big NO.

To be continued...

UPDATE:

So would you believe it if I told you my little guy woke up from his nap dry? I barely believe it myself.   He's starting to get into this thing where he's very resistant if I make him sit on the potty and he doesn't have to go so I just kinda held off a few minutes and let him think he's running this show.  (Oh, boys!)

He peed in the potty fine the rest of the night, however he kept crying that his belly hurt. I could tell he really had to poop but he just wouldn't do it on the potty.  I tried everything I could think of to get him to go.

Finally, I committed the biggest potty training cardinal sin known to moms...I put a diaper on him.  I nearly cried when I did it, but honestly it was only on for about two minutes.   I knew as soon as I did it he would poop and he did.  I immediately took it off and took him and the diaper into the bathroom where I dumped that nasty thing's contents into the toilet.  He waved bye-bye as he flushed it down the toilet and I explained THAT's where poop goes.  About five minutes later....he finished the job all over the floor.  You know what happens after the constipation plug comes out...yeah, that's what was all over my floor and my daughter's favorite Build a Bear.

Oh the joys of potty training....

More on our potty training success story:





  





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Mama's Store