2.05.2009

Creative Ways to Earn CA$H as a $AHM

In the last two months my husband has reminded me more times than I can count that I left work to take care of our daughter...not to worry about making income. But I just can't help it. I still need to feel like I'm financially contributing. And I'm happy to report..that I am. And, you can too...from the comfort of your own rocking chair.

My first venture, as I've mentioned in previous posts, was Ehow.com. I started November 22 and through the end of the year I made a whopping $8.20. Make that $7.20 because since I hadn't hit the $10 mark I was docked a $1 processing fee. At that point I had written about 40 articles. In January my earnings skyrocketed (relatively, of course) earning me $28! I hadn't yet doubled my article count, but I tripled my earnings. It's now five days into February and my earnings are sitting pretty at $7.50. That includes yesterday where I had a whopping $5 day.  I credit my success to the ehow secrets found in top ehow earner, Writergig's e-book "How to Earn Passive Income on Ehow.com"... not to mention my little helper..you can see her hard at work!  Now, for those of you who are used to making double digit hourly rates I know this sounds like pennies. But don't you see the potential? In January I paid for a tank of gas for my family. I'm hoping in February I'll be able to pay for a week's worth of groceries. Thanks to my new coupon-and-weekly-specials-focused-menu-planning method I can buy a week's worth of groceries for between $60 or $70. (Just as a side note, coupons couldn't be easier to clip...no more Sunday newspaper either, it's all about grocery coupons online. Select and print the ones you want or put them right onto your store's discount club card.) Starting in March I'm going to do an experiment to find out how much money I actually save using coupons, online coupons and club card discounts. I'll keep you posted and I'm sure you'll be motivated to do the same! 

Anyhow..back to ehow...I started this Ehow venture with my aunt and friend, Joanne. She's been staying at home with her three children for the last 10 years. And while she's a stay at home mom as her youngest starts full time kindergarten she's now becoming even more of a work at home mom. (Her website work.at.home.mom is definitely worth a look especially the post on how she saved $600 last month alone)! I say "even more" because she's dedicated to not only her children but helping her family's bottom line. It's something I'm striving to do as I still figure out this whole one income thing. She's has found all sorts of ways to bring in income while enjoying raising her children...including selling on this website called Ebay...maybe you've heard of it? A little bird told me about her success...and so off I went to Ebay to see what I could sell.

That brings me to my second source of SAHM income - Ebay. I started just selling things I had around the house. Most of my listings were my husband's old clothes which are now too big for him since he lost weight. The selling on men's clothing wasn't so great and I'd say I was batting about 50-50. BUT then my mom, much to my dismay, brought me a trunk full of junk from the closet in my bedroom at her house. She'd been bugging me to clean out the closet for years. Yes, years! I'd always "forget." This time, she did it for me and just plopped the crap in my front hallway. That was motivation enough for me to log onto Ebay again. I listed three items...the flute (listed at $20) I played in grade school and high school, a pair of shoes ($5) I wore one time, and an old music box ($5) that still played music but was missing a few keys. They all sold..and netted me over $50! Two of them sold for double what I listed that at... proving one man's trash is another man's treasure. This was money sitting in the closet that I didn't know I had.

I think I'm going to look through the rest of that junk and see what else I can get rid of!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Mama's Store