4.22.2013

Oh, Clarisonic Mia, where have you been all my life? (Review)

Every once in a while my husband will do an extra awesome job at work and get rewarded with a booklet in which he can pick a prize.  A few months ago he brought one of those babies home and declared there was nothing in there he was interested in -- did I want to pick something?  Uh, hello, yes!!! (And way to go, lovey!)

I debated between a necklace and the Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System.  I liked the necklace, but my scaly, dry face was screaming for me to get the Mia.   I read a lot of reviews about it and everyone seemed to rave about the face brush.  The only issue people had was the $100+ price tag -- since I wasn't paying for it I decided to give it a try.


A few weeks ago it arrived on my doorstep and I was so excited to use it.  But...after reading the few directions (yes, I actually read them despite the one button on the handle) I realized I'd have to wait until the next day to use it.  The first use requires a 24 hour battery charge.  The next day, however, I was ready.

After rubbing the Clarisonic's rotating brush around my face for a full minute I was honestly surprised at how gentle, yet effective it was on my skin.   It's gentle enough for me to use twice a day - which is recommended.   I immediately noticed the dry, dead skin on my cheeks and forehead was exfoliated away and my face seemed softer, yet wasn't red at all.

The great thing is, because it's fully waterproof, you can use the Clarisonic Mia in the shower.  It comes with a small sample container of face cleansing gel (I love the smell) or you can use whatever face wash you prefer either on your face or directly on the brush head. 

I have had skin and acne problems my entire life.  Me and my dermatologist were BFFs in my teen years.   Even at 32 I'm still battling breakouts.  In the winter my skin is dry and flaky and in the summer it's oily.  The Clarisonic Mia helps even it out by exfoliating and removing makeup all at the same time.  After using my Mia for a few weeks I would highly recommend it -- in fact, knowing what I know now, had I gone for the necklace I would splurge on the Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System, as well.

Note: I only recommend and endorse products that I actually own and use.  I did not get any benefit from the manufacturer by writing this review.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Mama's Store