3.21.2013

You know your little boy has a big sister if...

If there was ever a little boy who was "all boy" -- it's my son.  He runs...constantly.  He dumps...everything.  He talks...non stop.  He's loud, he's dirty, he's...well, as he put it, "a mess."   But he's also the little brother to a big sister.

From pretty early on I noticed that he'd gravitate toward the "boy" toys...you know, the trucks, balls, and tools.  Of course, we had many more girl toys because of my 4 year old daughter, but he'd also never give it a second thought to play with a baby (or should I say smack a ball at a baby's head) or brush a barbie's hair (ok...more like tug it) or put on a to to.   I always thought this was interesting and definitely way more "nature" than nurture since we didn't try to push him one way or the other.


My friends that have only boys aren't familiar with Doc McStuffins...they're too used to watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Jr.   But not my son.  He's what I guess I would consider "well rounded" all thanks to being the little brother of a big sister.  The first two colors he learned: pink and purple.  Recently he saw a line of ride on lawn mowers outside of Lowes.  I asked him, "Blake what tractor do you like -- the green and yellow or orange and gray?" His response: "PINK!" 

He knows all the "pincesses" and even likes to dress like them.  He named his baby "Bitty" and he doesn't mind wearing Zoe panties when I'm behind on laundry.  He can play dollhouse with the best of them, he rides a mean pink four wheeler and matches he bag to his dress...

From my recent pictures of the kids it's pretty obvious my little guy has a big sister that he looks up to...pink, princess, and all.  


Holding up the panty choices for little bro...
Stole sissy's blanket for peek a boo

Always accessorizing...

Pink's so my color

'Pincess' Blake taking a selfie...


Gotta have the matching bag

Plays dollhouse with the best of 'em

Who needs a John Deere when you can ride a pink 4 wheeler?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Mama's Store