4.15.2013

I got the wrong Valspar paint color...but there's good news

Note to self: NEVER take your 23 month old son to pick out paint colors.  I think I seriously just grabbed a paint swatch that was remotely in the rainbow of colors I'm considering and went with it.  I got two gallons of the stuff worth $75.

I got home and tested it on a small area and almost threw up in my mouth.  Um...I was looking for something in the gray family for my gray master bedroom makeover - this looks almost white with a hint of blue in it.

My first thought was to try to mix the paint with something that I already had in the basement to get the color more gray, but I didn't have anything that would even remotely work.  Then I went on Lowes' website to see about their paint return policy.  Turns out Valspar, not Lowes gives rushed, indecisive, or picky people, like me, who don't like the paint color a second chance - without having to shell out more money for another two gallons.  


Here's how Valspar's Love Your Color promotion works...if you purchase one or two gallons of Valspar Signature paint between 4/4/12 and 10/7/13 and don't like you can get your money back from Valspar through a mail-in rebate.  Now, you have to go back to the store and buy the new color of paint. You don't get a third chance so get it right here (and don't take your distracting kid who's leaving a trail of goldfish down the paint aisle).  DO NOT take the gallon of paint you don't like back to Lowes...just go and buy the new color within 30 days of the original paint purchase.   It must be the exact same thing with the exception   Now, adjacent to each other, paint a small area on the wall of each color and take a picture.  Then go on Valspar's Love Your Color website and fill out the rebate form.  Finally, mail the rebate request form, the photo of the wall and the original receipts to: Valspar® Love Your Color Offer, Dept. 8199, PO Box 5012, Stacy, MN 55078-5012.
 

2 comments:

Michele said...

You could also see if you can get it re-tinted...if it is in the same color realm it may just be as simple as adding a few more drops of certain colors...just another idea...

Silhouette School said...

That's a great idea, Michelle. I am holding onto it for now. I got I new color for the bedroom, but may use the two gallons for the bathroom down the road.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

New Mama's Store